Order Standards for Young men/Young women Conduct
1. Cherish virtue above life itself.
2. My first kiss will be on my wedding day during the ceremony.
i. Dance no more than two dances in a row with the same person unless you are married to that person.
ii. You should not dance too close.
iii. Stay in the dance hall.
iv. Boys should escort girl(s) back to her seat.
v. Be polite.
a. There is no dating.
b. For order Girls
i. No calling or talking to boys on the phone.
ii. No writing letters to boys.
iii. No giving or receiving gifts from boys.
c. For order Boys
i. No calling or talking to girls on the phone.
ii. No writing letters to girls.
iii. No giving or receiving gifts from girls.
4. Have $20,000 save(d) by the time you are married. (How is this possible when you're paid less than minimum wage and "turning ALL of your money in?)
5. Uphold the Order, the Leader, and the ones above you.
6. Don't cast your pearls before swine. (Matthew 7:6 and 3 Ne.. 14:6)
7. Have a determination to marry only your number one choice. (And number 2...3....4....)
8 Boy is to be a protector for girls. (Mental head slap)
a. Boys should open doors for girls.
b. Boys should see to it that girls in their presence live up to all the Order standards.
9. Save yourself for the one you marry.
a. Example of the Heart of the Rose.
FAILING TO LIVE STANDARDS IS A TWO EDGED SWORD
1. Before you break the Order standards, the devil tries to trick you into thinking they are not that important. This continues as each fence is broken down.
2. After this happens for a while, the devil causes you to think you are worthless because you did not live the standards and you give up. (It's not the devil that does this...It's other members and the leaders)
3. Be yea clean that bear the vessels of the Lord. And, no matter what happens never give up.
1. People might tell you that it doesn't make that much difference to live up to the Order standards. Look at so and so. They broke some of the standards and they turned out fine.
a. The wheels of justice grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.
b. The Lord knows all.
c. We could see no one even wanted to eat the gum (Am I the gum...?) after everyone handled it. How much more important is it to keep yourself clean that you will be qualified to have a clean girl for your wife.
2. Each Order member has a personal responsibility to live up to all the Order Standards.
3. Make sure you let no one rob you of living up to these standards and receiving the blessings of the Lord.
4. And, even more important, make sure you don't rob someone else of living up to these standards.
CURSING FOR FAILING TO LIVE THE STANDARDS
1. Lose the protection of the Lord.
2. Lose membership.
3. Lose birthright.
4. Lose the Spirit of the Holy Ghost.
5. Lose you(r) place in marriage.
6. Lose the protection of the Lord; you become susceptible to the diseases and plagues of the world. (Some of which are AWESOME!!!!)
a. Many of the plagues are unnoticeable.
b. Many cause infertility and make it so you can't have children. (So does inbreeding)
c. Some cause death. (So does inbreeding)
d. Many that don't cause death are accompanied with pain and suffering that make you wish you were dead. (SO DOES INBREEDING!!!!)
7. "Wherefore, if ye have sought to do wickedly in the days of your probation, then ye are found unclean before the judgement-seat of God; and no unclean thing can dwell with God; wherefore, ye must be cast off forever." (1 Ne 10:21)
8. "And it is given unto them [all people] to know good from evil; wherefore they are agents unto themselves, and I have given unto you another law and commandment. Wherefore teach it unto your children, that all men, everywhere, must repent, or they can in nowise inherit the Kingdom of God, for no unclean thing can dwell there, or dwell in his presence; for, in the language of Adam, Man of Holiness is his name, and the name of (h)is Only Begotten is the Son of Man, even Jesus Christ, righteous Judge, who shall come in the meridian of time." (Moses 6:56-57)
9. "I perceive that it has been made known unto you, by the testimony of his [the Lord's] word, that he can not walk in crooked paths; neither doth he vary from that which he hath said; neither hath he a shadow of turning from the right to the left, or from that which is right to that which is wrong; therefore, his course is one eternal round. And he doth not dwell in unholy temples; neither can filthiness or anything which is unclean be received into the Kingdom of God; therefore I say unto you the time shall come yea, and it shall be at the last day, that he who is filthy shall remain in his filthiness."(Alma 7:20-21)
10. "Know ye not the unrighteous shall not inherit the Kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, for idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the Kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)
11. Other References
a. Proverbs Chp 6&7
COMMANDMENTS & PROMISES OF GOD FOR LIVING THE STANDARDS
1. "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; the(y) shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)
2. "For the time speedily cometh that the Lord God shall cause a great division among the people, and the wicked will he destroy; and he will spare his people, yea, even if it so be that he must destroy the wicked by fire." (2 Ne 30:10)
3. "Abide ye in the liberty wherewith ye are made free; entangle not yourselves in sin, but let your hands be clean, until the Lord comes." (D&C 88:86)
4. "Who shall ascend into hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation." (Psalms 24:3-5)
5. "A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones." (Proverbs 12:4)
6. "Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies." (Proverbs 31:10)
7. "Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye a. (Isaiah Chp 52)
8. Matthew Chp 5
I'm having a hard time thinking about comments for all of this, but holy shit! This is some messed up stuff isn't it?! Putting homosexuals (effeminate is how it is worded) in the same categories as thieves and adulterers and comparing women to "Rottenness in his bones"!!! How am I functional after getting out of this!?
Well that is all for now. I'd love to hear comments, if you have them :)